November 5, 2008

Day 307 - November 5, 2008

Well election fever has not ended, so I certainly reveled in it today. The three most thought provoking moments for me were as follows:
  • When one of my friends said first thing this morning, "I can't remember having a lot of respect for the President. Supporting a candidate is one thing, but supporting the President will be something new."
  • When the banker guys on the train were discussing how they can understand how the Republicans lost, but that they were really nervous about the Democrats. They also said that when Obama turns it around he doesn't deserve credit, because he was just lucky to inherit a company in a recession. (I love the sorta backwards hope.)
  • In the New York Times today, there was an article from Berlin about what foreigners thought of the election that included this quote: "This," announced the first student to step up to the microphone stand, his adolescent slouch exaggerated by the low microphone, "is going to be the great disillusionment of our generation." It stinks to be that pessimistic, me I'll stick with hope.

No comments: