January 23, 2008

Day 23 - January 23, 2008

I know right, a bottle of wine was worth taking a picture of today, but don't worry there is a cute story behind it. In fact, I think that wine stores may be my new favorite place to hang out. I've had some good experiences in wine shops lately. My friends Angela and Kumi both have wine stores in their neighborhoods where their wine guys love them. It makes sense too, a wine store isn't exactly a place you browse without purchasing something, so it only makes sense that the people who work in them would be helpful. So today at a liquor store by my house I went in thinking that I wanted a Pinot Noir. So the guy watched me look around for a minute, then he asked if I was looking for a good red, to which I replied, actually I was thinking a Pinot Noir. So he suggested this Trapiche which is from Argentina, and then he said that he guaranteed that I would love it and be back to try the other wines from this region. I think he might be right!

No comments: