March 26, 2008

Day 86 - March 26, 2008

Kumi and I went to a free screening of the new movie Young At Heart tonight. I thought that it looked pretty precious from the previews. But it was even more that I could have hoped for it to be. The movie was really inspirational. It was about a group of about 25 people all between the ages of 70 and 92 who get together and learn music of all genres. Then they memorize the songs and add their own special flare and preform in concerts mostly in New Hampshire, but throughout the world as well. The documentary follows them for about three months while the prepare and perform a show. I had the privilege of spending Christmas with my Grandparents in their retirement community in Southern Texas. This film left me with a similar feeling to that trip. It is so nice to be able to listen to and learn from the people who have done it all before me. It really makes life seem like it is so much more worth it, when you see people who've been doing it with such grace for so long.

No comments: