August 25, 2008

Day 236 - August 25, 2008

Well unfortunately, I was not invited to the Democratic National Convention, not that I deserve it, because I have not done nearly enough to act on my love of Obama. I do have to say though, I think I adore Michelle Obama, just as much as her husband. During the primary, when my friend Lindsay, who has been strong democrat much longer than I have said that she was much more of a Hillary fan, I did a Wikipedia search on Michelle to help prove to Lindsay that the Obamas were way better than the Clintons. I don't know that she ever completely bought that, but I do adore both Michelle and Barack and I love to hear everything they have to say. I think that they really listen to what other people are saying and respond to it. Also, say what you may about racism in the country, I recognize every day that being white is to my advantage and to go through every day lacking that advantage and still remain so hopeful and optimistic is really remarkable. I agree with him on a lot of the important political issues too, but I think right now at least it is about who Obama and McCain are as people, just as much as who they are as politicians, and I wholeheartedly believe Obama wins on this front.

No comments: