November 29, 2010

2010 - Day 330

I crossed off the 5th stadium on my list. I went to Lucus Oil Stadium with my dad last night. It was a lot of fun. It is getting harder and harder for me to decide which stadium is the best, because they are all so great for their own reasons. These would be my three arguments for what made Indy great. First, the stadium seats approximately 71,000 and nearly every seat was full before kickoff. (Obviously, the Colts are pretty good, this game excluded, but the Jets are 8-2 and there was a whole empty tier.) Second, the respect for Peyton Manning is mind blowing, when the offense is on the field you could hear a pin drop. I had heard this on tv and Colin explained it to me, but experienceing it in person was incredible. Third, I must be bad luck, because the home team has only one once in the 5 games I've been to and it took them overtime to do it! But I was really impressed with the fact that Peyton had possibly the worst game of his career and still no one really had anything bad to say about him. It is a unique place, and I'm glad I got to go there in this part of their franchise history. Go Colts.

No comments: