June 20, 2008

Day 172 - June 20, 2008

I went to a book signing last night and meet Jane Green. I absolutely adore her books. I don't know why I love them as much as I do, but I have read every single one and passed most of them along for everyone else to read as well. Her book for this summer is called The Beach House. She spoke so openly about her life and her family which I found to be incredibly amazing. The most interesting thing that she said, when asked about Chick Lit, was that she thought the distinction of the genre is that the writing is incredibly real and honest. I think that is why I love her books so much, because they are fun, but also contain characters that you root for. Living in the middle of the country, I didn't feel like I had very many opportunities to meet authors. I think that writing a book is an incredible thing to do and it was great to meet the woman behind the words. I have really gotten into her new book as well and am loving it so far.

No comments: