June 6, 2008


Day 158 - June 6, 2008

I haven't done a book recommendation for a while so here is one. This book is called True Enough and it is by Farhad Manjoo. I have been trying to read a little more nonfiction and I find political nonfiction to be the best that there is. This book is basically a bunch of case studies about how perceptions and opinions we have shape the way that we see the world. I thought that the book was incredible and it really made me think about why I believe the things that I believe. Especially with the upcoming election coverage, it is very clear that his point about society becoming more fragmented than ever before is quite true. I think that my thinking after reading this book will certainly be much more concentrated on the source from which the news I'm ingesting is coming from and I will also try to be even more accepting of all opinions even if they differ from my own. My favorite quote is from the very end of the book. "Choosing means trusting some people and distrusting the rest. Choose wisely."

No comments: