June 25, 2008

Day 177 - June 25, 2008

Today at work, I was trusted to drive a car around the Upper Eastside. One of the Church's cars needed a new windshield, so it was in the shop. The car needed to be picked up at 83rd and 2nd and taken to 84th and 3rd. So I volunteered to do this. Fortunately, as I was beginning to back the car up to park behind the building, I got a call that I just needed to bring it back to Church. Obviously, you can tell I am not a New York driver based on the fact that I took a picture while doing it, but I thought this was SO funny. That poor truck was trying to pull into the empty space to make a delivery. Just as it begun backing up a taxi pulled right into the space, dropped one passenger off and picked up another. All of this while they are completely blocking 87th Street! Good thing I took the picture when I did, right after this the guy in the truck got out and started screaming at the taxi driver. I think I'll stick to the subway. Not that people don't get yelled at there, but when you get bumped into it isn't as serious!

1 comment:

Carol Holtz said...

Oh my! Driving in the City? Now, that's a new adventure! Love, Mom