July 8, 2008

Day 190 - July 8, 2008

I went into London today and had a really awesome time. I did the Westminster Abbey tour which is something I'd never done before. When I got back to Woking, mom asked which tour guide I had and I told her it was Ben, which she was happy about because he is her favorite one.

Anyway, I was surprised at how similar London and New York are. I remember when backpacking/living in Europe before thinking London was the most like an American city. However, in my opinion New York and London have so much in common that it is hard to see who is copying whom. Around the Westminster it is mostly tourists, obviously. After my tour though I went over to Piccadilly Circus and then walked along the Embankment, which was really cool, and seriously felt just like walking down Central Park when everyone is leaving work on a nice day.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like your dad is drinking you under the table!