February 20, 2008

Day 51 - February 20, 2008

Well, it is February break for New York City school children which means that many of my teacher friends are off this week as well. So, I talked my good friend, Katie into coming up to the Upper East Side to have a nice lunch with me. She recommended this really cute vegan place she had been to before called Candle 79. I'm certainly never going to be a vegan, but I really enjoy new places, and it is pretty amazing how colorful and delicious all food can be when you know what you're doing. This was Katie's lunch which I can't remember what it was called, but it had some tempura in it. I had a pumpkin seed and black bean burger with these really good squash sticks and a baby green and avocado salad. It was really funny when I was enjoying with Katie that Obama won Wisconsin which made me very happy, and the waitress said, "really yea!"

No comments: