February 27, 2008

Day 58- February 27, 2008

So yesterday was my dad's birthday, and I felt bad because I am usually really good about gift giving, but I hadn't really even tried to get him a gift. So I was looking for possible gift ideas, and I found the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. This is a mug with a car adapter so you can plug it in to stay warm in your car. Now besides the fact that both of my parents detest coffee, I can't really imagine who this gift would really be appropriate for. It kinda reminds me of when I was in 4th grade at Smoky Row and we had an Invention Convention and everyone had to come up with a bizarre item that could possibly be a good idea if it weren't quite so odd. I for example invented the two person jump rope. It was sorta cool you had a hook and then you clipped it to your hook and only one person would have to swing it for the other person to be able to jump. I was actually on the local news and everything. I believe from watching the tap later that the news announcer guy said something along the lines of, doesn't it only take one person to operate a jump rope? Inventions are pretty awesome, but I think I'll leave it to people far more creative than I.

No comments: