September 4, 2008

Day 246 - September 4, 2008

So if you have read my blog this year you know that I am an Obama fan by far. However, I definitely watched McCain's speech last night. I like John McCain, I think that he legitimately adores America and is fiercely loyal to our country. I also really liked that he said that he thinks everyone should do something to serve America either in the military or through teaching or running for public office. I absolutely agree with this and think that the we would all benefit from an initiative like this. However, the rest of his policies didn't sound great to me. I can't believe that he said we should stop foreign funding to countries "who don't like us very much." What kind of foreign policy initiative is that? I also did not agree with what he had to say about schools, it sounded a lot like privatization to me and that will leave a lot of people out in the cold. There are 60 days until the election and it should be exciting.

No comments: